A few days back I caught this run survey on Audrey’s blog and decided to do one myself. I always think surveys are a fun little way to get to know more about the person behind the blog, and in this case…their running! Plus, after all that talk of ice cream earlier in the week it’ll be good to switch gears back to something healthy! Haha! So here goes…
1. Best run ever: I think this goes to my 20-miler from last year’s marathon training, where I ran the 5th Avenue Mile in the middle. I accomplished big things in both distance and speed that day, and it was awesome!
2. Three words that describe my running: Humbling, calming, fun.
3. My go-to running outfit is: Nike Legend 2.0 Dri Fit Capris, GapFit Motion Racer tank, Moving Comfort Fiona bra, Asics Gel-Cumulus/GT-2000, Balega Hidden Comfort socks, Sparkly Soul headband. As pictured here: 4. Quirky habit while running: I have to admit I have a few, but the quirkiest is probably my rapping. I run to a lot of hip-hop/rap music and don’t hesitate to rap while running! I also am super anal about my bib (and everyone else’s for that matter…) being perfectly centered and straight for races. You people and your half-pinned, sideways, floppy bibs blow my mind!
5. Morning, midday, evening: Morning is definitely my fave, although I can get a run done anytime. I love morning runs the most because once they’re done you feel so accomplished all day. And I love running by houses thinking “they’re sleeping and I’m running!” Whatever makes you feel good…right?!
6. I won’t run outside when it’s: icy, I guess. Otherwise I’ll run outside in the rain, snow, heat, cold, whatever! Much prefer outdoors to the treadmill.
7. Worst injury—and how I got over it: ITB/hip issues/weakness during training for Philly marathon last fall. I did a lot of Physical Therapy, took a lot of time off and then started over and focused on getting STRONG with CrossFit!
8. My Personal Best half marathon or marathon: Currently training for my first/best marathon (NYCM on November 2, 2014!), but my best half is from Brooklyn this year-1:58:45! :)
9. Next race is: As of now, the TCS New York City Marathon! I haven’t signed up for any shorter distances yet, although I’m sure I’ll add a few into my training.
10. Running goal for 2014: Start (and finish) that damn marathon.
11. What GPS watch do I use: Garmin Forerunner 10. It’s cute, it’s simple and as long as it’s not taking years to find a satellite (like it did this past Tuesday…), I love it! 12. How do I stay motivated to run during summer: I’m sure some people will hate this response, but I don’t think my motivation dips in the summer. If anything, I’m more motivated by finding new and interesting outdoor places to run, whereas in winter I tend to stick to the routes I know are cleared of snow!
Now wasn’t that fun?! Your turn…pick 1 or 2 questions and share your answers in the comments below! :)