Good morning. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Mine was lovely–I ran a Turkey Trot (recap coming soon) in the morning and enjoyed some delish food with boyfriend’s family at dinner. I’m back at work today, but for those of you who are home enjoying a long weekend, I have an awesome recipe you can make: Pumpkin Donuts with Maple Cinnamon Glaze!
Last Saturday I posted a pic of these donuts on Instagram, saying they were so much better than a long run and the recipe requests came pouring in! I know I enjoyed them and so did boyfriend and his family! So here ya go, my recipe for Pumpkin Donuts with Maple Cinnamon Glaze.
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk (I used 2%)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup milk (I used whole)
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
- Preheat the oven to 400*.
- Grease donut pan. (I use olive oil in a misto)
- Combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, baking powder, baking soda and brown sugar in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together pumpkin, eggs and milk.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into flour mixture and stir until just combined.
- Scoop batter into a pastry bag or large ziploc bag with the corner cut off. Pipe into donut pan.
- Bake donuts for about 7-8 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer to cooling rack.
- While donuts are baking, combine powdered sugar, milk, cinnamon and syrup in a small bowl.
- Once donuts are mostly cooled, dip into glaze and return to the cooling rack. Allow glaze to set and repeat 2-3 times or until well-coated.