It’s survey time again! I found this fun little running survey over on Lauren’s blog and thought it’d be the perfect post for Hump Day. I’m currently training for a 10-mile race next month and still haven’t really found my groove with running, so maybe this will help. I hope you enjoy my answers and I’d love if you’d leave me a few of your own in the comments.
1. Would you rather run along a beach path or on a mountain trail? Oof I love both of these options, but since I live closer to beaches than I do mountains, I’ll go with beach.
2. If you could choose the flavor of Gatorade at your next race’s aid stations, what would it be? I’ve moved away from drinking Gatorade, but if I had to choose it’d definitely be Fierce Grape.
3. If I gave you a $100 gift card to a running store, what would be the first thing that you would purchase with it? Shoes, without a doubt. Specifically, Asics Gel Cumulus which are my jam!
4. Do you prefer to follow a training plan or wake up and decide then how far and how fast you want to run? Training plan all the way, but mostly to hold myself accountable because I’m training for something.
5. Would you rather start your run with the uphill and end on the downhill or start your run with the downhill and end with the uphill? Start with an uphill always and forever. Who wants to finish on an uphill (ahem, NYC MARTHON!)? Yuck.
6. When you can’t run, what type of cross-training do you choose to do? It’s no secret that I’m a CrossFit addict.
7. What is your preference—> Out and back, point to point or loop runs? Ideally, I’d run point to point, but that’s often annoying to plan out logistically. I don’t mind an out-and-back during races because people-watching distracts me!
8. If you could recommend ANY running related item to a new runner, it would be a—BodyGlide?! So hard to pick just one thing but chafing protection is pretty damn important if you ask me!
9. Do you ever see any wild animals while out on your runs? Just the usual suspects: deer, squirrels, chipmunks, etc. except for that one time I stepped ON a snake!
10. Ever gotten lost while out on a run? Totally. Usually on trail runs so I don’t mind having no clue where I am since I’m in nature.
11. If you could have one meal waiting and ready for you each time you got home from a run for the next 30 days… what would that meal be? Some sort of Mexican-style breakfast…a burrito with eggs, black beans, avocado and hot sauce is the best post-run! Oh, and my beloved chocolate milk, of course.
12. Capris or shorts… what do you run in most often? I’m probably 50/50 on this…either Nike Legend Capris or Lululemon Tracker Shorts.
13. At what mile (or how many minutes) into your run does your body start to feel like it is warming up and ready to go? Oof. It depends and sometimes I feel like I was “ready to go”, but usually 2 miles in.
14. What do you do with your key when you run? If I have a zipper pocket on my clothing, it goes in there. If not, tucked into my sports bra.
15. If you could relive any race that you have done in the past, which one what it be? The 2014 NYRR Brooklyn Half Marathon, my current PR. I left everything I had on the course, had fun while running and finished strong with a PR.
Your turn to answer some of these in the comments below!