The Recipe ReDux turns five(!) this month and to celebrate, we’re turning the spotlight on fellow Recipe ReDux members. I just joined the group a few months ago (you can find my first few RR recipes here and here), but have been following many of the members on social media for a long time now. Not to mention, drooling over their delicious creations. The ReDuxer I’m sharing with y’all today is someone I only know via her blog and social media, but from what I can tell, I’m pretty sure we’d be friends in real life too! Meet Tara Deal Rochford, future RD and blogger behind Treble in the Kitchen.
Tara is from Indiana but now lives with her husband and dog Bernie in Denver, Colorado (#goals), where she is a certified personal trainer and group fitness instructor. She has a degree in music (hence the super cute blog name) and was inspired to become an RD while working as a Fitness Director on a cruise line where people would ask her nutrition questions. Tara has been a Recipe Redux member for over a year and loves to bake cookies, muffins and sweets to share! She’s now in school and is well on her way to becoming a dietitian, but still finds time for creating lots of awesome recipes and sharing fun workouts on her blog.
I love following Tara’s blog for her yummy recipes and kick-butt workouts (like this bodyweight tabata), but also to get a sneak peek into her adventures in Colorado and beyond. Boyfriend and I have this not-so-secret desire to move to Denver (even though we’ve never even visited), so I love seeing when she’s hiking in Colorado or doing yoga at Red Rocks.
Now that you have a little bit of an introduction to Tara, let’s talk about her recipes, shall we? She enjoys experimenting in the kitchen and I love that her recipes are simple, whole foods-based and nourishing. Many are dairy-free, grain or gluten-free and low FODMAP as well.
Since we’re celebrating a birthday and birthday parties typically involve some kind of sweet treat, I figured I’d try out one of Tara’s delicious dessert recipes. Last month I saw her share this recipe for Grilled Pineapple with Coconut Cinnamon Whipped Cream and I immediately pinned it to make at a later date. Well this past weekend, when we fired up the grill for dinner, I knew what would be for dessert!
This sweet treat totally hit the spot, though my photo doesn’t do it justice. I was a little impatient and didn’t whip the cream long enough so it didn’t fluff up, but the flavor was still incredible. And I don’t even really like coconut! The cinnamon and touch of maple syrup was perfection and boyfriend actually kept the rest of the “cream” to use in his coffee, which he raved about! Seriously, this recipe is super simple but oh so good. Grilled pineapple is a MUST this summer and I highly recommend adding Tara’s Coconut Cinnamon Whipped Cream to take it up a notch. Here’s the recipe:
- 1 can of full fat coconut milk or coconut cream (refrigerated at least 3 hours)
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 8 slices of pineapple
- Misto with extra virgin olive oil, or a small amount of olive oil to brush on the pineapple
- Remove the coconut cream that rose to the top of the can in the chilled coconut cream can. Beat the cream for a few minutes until it becomes nice, light and fluffy. Add the maple syrup and cinnamon, and adjust to taste.
- Heat a grill or grill pan to medium high heat.
- Spritz the pineapple slices, or use a brush dipped in olive oil if you don’t have a misto, with a small amount of olive oil on each side.
- Place the pineapple slices on the grill.
- Cook 6-8 minutes on each side, until nicely charred.
- It is best to refrigerate the can of coconut cream over night. This recipe makes more than enough whipped cream for this recipe. It is best served immediately, but it can be stored in the fridge for up to 3 days. It will harden in the fridge, so simply blend it again until creamy. This is great served with berries or on hot coffee/cocoa!
Find Tara and her delicious recipes here:
Blog: Treble in the Kitchen
Facebook: Treble in the Kitchen
Pinterest: Treble in the Kitchen
Click through the links below to get to know even more Recipe ReDux members and their culinary creations.